16.11.11

Looking for a penpal?


I only started this project a month ago and I've already received more than 10 beautiful letters! Everytime I get mail it makes me so happy, it's so nice to get to know total strangers from all over the world. But it is also getting a little out of hand. I've received a lot of entries for this project and although I'm not sure if they're all going to write to me, I don't think I can keep up with that and be penpals with everyone. Don't get me wrong, I love writing letters but having more than 10 penpals is kind of busy and sometimes confusing. My project didn't necessarily start to find new penpals, I just wanted to receive and write snailmail with complete strangers. Of course I will always write you back but I'm not sure if I can keep up with everyone!


So I came up with an idea. Why not match my penpals together? I received some wonderful letters and some people seem to have a lot in common! If you're looking for a penpal and you like the letters that I got, this is probably the right adress for you. Just contact me (use the contact form in the menu) and tell me (us) a little bit about yourself. For example:

Hi! I'm Marlous, a 19-year-old girl from the Netherlands. I really like writing letters, photography and reading. *more information about yourself, tumblr/blog? interests? etc* Please leave a comment if you want to become penpals!
If you have written to me before, I can include a picture of your letter so people can see your amazing writing skills ;-). You can also send a picture of a handwritten note, or include pictures of yourself (make a little collage?) It's all up to you. I was inspired by this blog, so please take a look so you'll get the idea.

I'm still accepting new applications and of course I will always try to write you back but please, if you're looking for a long-lasting penpal you'd better find somebody else. Maybe through my blog? :)

4 comments:

Julie said...

Hello Marlous!

I'm glad that my blog inspired you! Yours is lovely <3

Good luck with your project!

Julie xox

travel in tea said...

Ha marlous, ik zou graag een oproepje willen doen voor een penpal. Kan ik een brief naar jou sturen via mail - uiteraard handgeschreven/ingescand?

Liefs,

Romana said...

Hi! I'd love to be your penpal c:
Please contact me at romanaschulte@gmail.com
and I hope to hear from you soon!

Unknown said...

Ik ben Fie
een meisje uit ene klein dorpje in nederland. ik ben het type meisje dat heel creatief is houdt van schrijven muziek en bloggen.

als je nog een pen maatje zoekt
zeg het me

sofieroskam1995@gmail.com